Some people come here for my Fortran page. Others want my PhD thesis titled Quantum Waveguide Theory (which is available from the UWA library) or my Honours thesis titled Quantum Chaos in Second Harmonic Generation - Stu.
Monday, 14 May 2001
Thursday, 10 May 2001
Recently I accepted a job with the ANU Super Computer Facility as an academic consultant on the new APAC 420 processor super computer. Colin (not the pengiun) was on the ball and challenged me to write a computer program that meets the following criteria:
- When running, it consumes all avaliable CPU resources
- The program shall produce "nothing useful"
- The "nothing useful" should be "clever" and relavent to todays technology
- "Clever" means that when people read about it they will say "that's quite neat, completely useless, but neat"
- The "nothing useful" will be understandable by the layman
- The production of "nothing useful" will be done in world record time
- The program will take an infinite amount of time to run
Posted by Stu at 7:54 am
Wednesday, 2 May 2001
Well, some friends and a pommy tourist (Justin - thanks for the photos) went to Cottesloe Beach here in Perth and dug a 4m long tunnel in the sand (about 1m under ground). We then impressed beach strollers by crawling through the narrow construction (you had to sort of put one hand out in front and one behind to make your shoulders as narrow as possible)... kiddies, don't try this at home ;)
Posted by Stu at 8:06 am